Release Date: 28/08/2019
Sucker Punch is a 2011 dystopian fantasy film, directed by Zack Snyder and co-written by Snyder and Steve Shibuya. Music becomes the backbone of the film. It was considered one of the best soundtracks of 2011, reaching number twenty-two on the Billboard 200, and number 1 in the Top Soundtracks chart. They used actual songs for Sucker Punch, that would create suitable moods. Emily Browning did the vocals for the songs “Sweet Dreams”, “A” and “Where Is My Mind”, all played during the movie. Sucker Punch contains of nine tracks, all covers, remixes, and mash-ups or rather “wildly re-imagined versions of classic songs” of tracks by Alison Mosshart, Björk, Queen, and performances from stars Emily Browning, Carla Gugino, and Oscar Isaac. The covers on the album are produced by Marius de Vries and Tyler Bates.
The film stars Emily Browning, as a young woman who is committed to a mental institution. In order to cope, she envisions the asylum as a brothel and teams up with four dancers/prisoners to escape before she undergoes a lobotomy. As she collects the items she needs to escape, she enters another level of fantasy, in which the women become strong, experienced warriors.
Sucker Punch is available as a limited edition of 500 individually numbered copies on Babydoll (transparent) pink vinyl.
1. Sweet Dreams ( Are Made Of This) Emily Browning
2. Army Of Me (Sucker Punch Remix) Björk Featuring
3. White Rabbit Emiliana Torrini
4. I Want It All/We Will Rock You Mash-Up Queen With
Armageddon Aka Geddy
1. Search And Destroy Skunk Anansie
2. Tomorrow Never Knows Alison Mosshart And Carla Azar
3. Where Is My Mind? Yoav Featuring Emily Browning
4. A Emily Browning
5. Love Is The Drug Carla Gugino And Oscar Isaac